Submitted by Daniel A. Freeman on September 21, 2011 - 9:08am
We just wrapped up the ALA TechSource Workshop Creating Subject Guides for the 21st-Century Library with Buffy Hamilton. We had some fantastic discussion during this event, and because the session was so jam-packed with content, Buffy wasn’t able to answer all of the great questions participants had. Below are some questions for continued discussion. Buffy will be responding in the comments--whether you attended or not, feel free to join the conversation!
- Can you give a specific example of curation? Would Yahoo Pipes be a curation tool?
- I'm not familiar with social citation; can you explain how it works or name some services?
- How much does a subscription to LibGuides cost?
- What exactly do you mean that curation is the new buzzword? Can you define it or is it really self explanatory? Creating digital collections?
- Your Lib Guide must be mobile-device aware, as well, yes? More and more the subject guide will be accessed via a mobile device.
- Can you speak to the usability considerations? I know libguides tends to fail usability tests...
The Preliminary Readings from Today’s Event
Resources from Today’s Event
Click Below to Download a PDF of Buffy’s Slides