To take advantage of our limited-time $99 subscription offer, use Coupon Code SECQ13 at checkout.
Introducing eContent Quarterly
Launched in September 2013, eContent Quarterly offers coverage of everything from e-book and e-journal platforms, e-reference sources, and databases to multimedia, digital solutions, discovery services, and other types of e-content designed for use in libraries and educational institutions. It is written by and for information professionals in the business of producing, selling, buying, and managing e-content—including librarians, publishers, aggregators, distributors, and other library vendors.
Table of Contents
- Bookless Library? I Raise You the Building, Lura Sanborn
- Online Reference Systems: Putting the User at the Center of Design, John G. Dove
- Aggregation, Integration, Cooperation: the Three Imperatives of New York University’s E-book Strategy, Angela M. Carreño and Bill Maltarich
- Supplying and Collecting Books: An Uneasy Metamorphosis, Michael Zeoli
- E-book Formats: An Overview for Librarians, John Burns
- The Importance of Metadata for E-content, Renée Register
- Evaluating Children’s Apps, Carisa Kluver and Cen Campbell
About the Editors
Sue Polanka created No Shelf Required®, an award-winning blog about the issues surrounding e-books for librarians and publishers, which led to the best-selling books No Shelf Required and No Shelf Required 2. She is the head of reference and instruction at the Wright State University Libraries in Dayton, Ohio, president of the Academic Library Association of Ohio and a member of the ALA Council. Her column, E-Book Buzz, appears in ONLINE Searcher magazine.
Mirela Roncevic, an independent writer, editor and content developer, has been at the forefront of the e-book revolution since its infancy. She managed Library Journal's first e-book reviews column in 1999 and is a consultant for e-content producers, advising them on positioning their products in libraries while working closely with librarians. Editor of The Library Journal Guide to E-Reference Resources, she is also author of “E-book Platforms for Libraries,” an issue of ALA TechSource’s Library Technology Reports.